Customize automatic Chatbot answers

Hello,

Is there any possibility to customize automatic Chatbot answers? I’ve customized the chatbot questions and remarks which you can add, change and delete in the Preview page. But the Chatbot still gives automatic answers or short remarks as a feedback or reassurance, like “OK”, “Huh? too vague to know what u meant…” or “I envy you since you can do/have anything you want as a powerful human.” I was wondering if it is possible to change the words of this kind of feedback or maybe delete some of it?
Here’s another example of it:

Thanks for your help!

Hi Anna,

We do have work items on file to add this functionality. Ideally, a chat creator should be able to select a piece of bot utterance in the UI, and change the content there. The subsequent chats of the same engagement will be updated accordingly. Hopefully we will get around to implement this soon. Stay tuned.

-huahai

Hi Anna,

Just adding on to Huahai’s response. Even though right now we don’t support editing the automatic answers, you can still use custom topic or the IDE to edit the chatbot’s response in certain situation. The custom-topic will overwrites the automatic answers if it matches to the user input.

Anna,
To override the automatic/default system responses, here is what you can do now.
Consider the following example:

Juji: How are you doing today?
User: I am very busy.
Juji: thank you for sharing.

In this example, “thank you for sharing” is a default chatbot response. If you don’t like this response and want to change it, you can do the following:

1. Click on the topic you just added. In this example “How are you doing today?”
  2. Click on the “…” menu item on the upper left corner, and select “Customize topic”
  3. A window will pop up, in this window, you can add the following rule(s) to override the default response

[(similarity-exceeds-threshold [“I am very busy”] 0.8)]
[“It’s great to be busy since you have things to do.”]

The rule above basically says if a user says something similar to the input indicated, the chatbot will respond “It’s great to be busy…”, which replaces the default/automatic response.

Alternatively, you could use the following rule, which means as long as the word “busy” appears in a user’s input, the rule will fire.
[busy]
[“It’s great to be busy since you have things to do.”]

Check out the document on writing more rules: https://docs.juji.io/concept/#rule

1. After you enter the rules you want, make sure you save it by clicking the “save” on the upper right corner of selected segment.

2. You can now preview the modified chatbot.

Hope this helps!

Michelle

Hi, I’m picking up this topic…t I am new to the forum and this is a question for us too. We don’t want this automatic response used at all on our chatbot. The sentiment/tone is not appropriate for our site, and puts off users. Can we remove this automatic response totally? It’s difficult to anticipate when it may be triggered.

@NAMILB I can certainly disable the auto-response. If I disable, if someone says “I need medical assistance”, the chatbot will just completely ignore the message as if the user didn’t text anything.

A better way perhaps is for you to put in a default response when the chatbot does not know how to help or respond.

Can you follow this link to enter your custom default response:
https://docs.juji.io/chatbot-design-tips/#determine-chatbot-default-response

I will also update the backend to use your default response.

Hi, I customized the default response earlier today to say

“I’m sorry I didn’t understand that. Can you rephrase it please?”

so would be great if we could use that instead of the auto-response. Thank you

@NAMILB
Great. We’re working on the backend so it will auto use your default response. Once I am done, I will let you know.

Could you reword your default response as follows to help the users more:

I am sorry I could not understand your input. Text HELP to see what I can help with.

Asking a user to rephrase may not work because the chatbot may still not understand, which will really annoys the user. Better to tell them what a chatbot can do. If you have live human support, you could also add “I can also let my human teammates know so they can get in touch with you.”

OK. have made the change you suggested. Thank you.

Thanks, @NAMILB!

I made the updates and my colleague @wchen will propagate the changes so you can experience. Once he is done, he will let you know and you then can try it out.

Hi @NAMILB,
I have deployed @mzhou’s change to our website. Can you check to see if it is working for you?

hello, yes I’ve checked and it seems to be working thank you!